Altered Carbon is an American sci-fi television collection created by Laeta Kalogridis and also based upon the tale of the specific very same name, transformed right into Spanish as Altered Carbon or Modified Carbon, note 1 produced in 2002 by Richard K. Morgan.
In 2384 human recognition can be minimized a digital device and also relocated from one body to an added, making it possible for individuals to withstand physical death by ensuring that their memories as well as likewise understanding are “inserted” right into brand-new bodies. Takeshi Kovacs, a previous participant of the one-of-a-kind army tools, is performed as well as likewise put, 250 years in the future, in the body that was previously possessed by Elias Ryker, a Bay City policeman, at the demand of Laurens Bancroft, a abundant as well as likewise effective aristocrat. 365-year-old who apparently committed suicide, losing all memories of pre-death events. Bancroft is convinced that he has not committed suicide as well as hires Takeshi Kovacs to investigate what he considers to be murder.
- Joel Kinnaman as Private Takeshi Kovacs
- Renée Elise Goldsberry as Quellcrist Falconer
- James Purefoy as Laurens Bancroft
- Kristin Lehman as Miriam Bancroft
- Martha Higareda as Kristin Ortega
- Dichen Lachman as Reileen Kawahara
- Hayley Law as Lizzie Elliot
- Chris Conner as Poe
- Ato Essandoh as Vernon Elliot
- Trieu Tran as Mister Leung
- Will Yun Lee as original Takeshi Kovacs
- Marlene Forte as Alazne Ortega
- Byron Mann as O.G. Kovacs
- Tamara Taylor as Oumou Prescott
- Adam Busch as Mickey
- Olga Fonda as Sarah
- Hiro Kanagawa as Captain Tanaka
The series was commissioned by Netflix in January 2016, fifteen years after producer Laeta Kalogridis originally took over the rights to the novel with the intention of producing a feature film. According to Kalogridis, the complex nature of the novel and also its item with a viable R ranking made it challenging to provide to the workshops. Miguel Sapochnik directed the pilot episode.