Godzilla vs. Kong is an upcoming American monster movie directed by Adam Wingard. A sequel to Godzilla: King of the Monsters (2019) and Kong: Skull Island (2017), it's the fourth movie in Legendary's MonsterVerse. The movie can be the 36th movie within the Godzilla franchise, the 12th movie within the King Kong franchise, and the fourth Godzilla movie to be utterly produced by a Hollywood studio. The movie stars Alexander Skarsgård, Millie Bobby Brown, Rebecca Hall, Brian Tyree Henry, Shun Oguri, Eiza González, Jessica Henwick, Julian Dennison, Kyle Chandler, and Demián Bichir.
The undertaking was introduced in October 2015 when Legendary introduced plans for a shared cinematic universe between Godzilla and King Kong. The movie's author's room was assembled in March 2017, and Wingard was introduced because the director in May 2017. Principal images started in November 2018 in Hawaii, Australia, and Hong Kong and wrapped in April 2019. Godzilla vs. Kong is scheduled to be launched on November 20, 2020, in 2D, 3D, and IMAX.
In a time when monsters stroll the Earth, humanity's battle for its future units Godzilla and Kong on a collision course that can see the 2 strongest forces of nature on the planet collide in a spectacular battle for the ages. As Monarch embarks on a deadly mission into uncharted terrain and finds clues to the Titans' origins, a human conspiracy threatens to wipe the creatures, each good and unhealthy, from the face of the earth eternally.
— Legendary and Warner Bros.
- Alexander Skarsgård:
- A geologist who works carefully with Kong. Skarsgård described his character as a reluctant hero who's “not an alpha, bad-ass” and “thrown into this very dangerous situation and is definitely not equipped for it”.
- Millie Bobby Brown as Madison Russell:
- Mark's daughter. As Godzilla and Kong battle, Madison goes on a journey to resolve which ones she is going to in the end aspect with.
- Rebecca Hall:
- Hall described her participation as “overwhelming” because of the movie being her first undertaking after her being pregnant, however discovered the expertise “thrilling.”
- Brian Tyree Henry
- Shun Oguri
- Eiza González:
- González described her position as a “very smart woman behind a company”. She additionally described the movie as “slightly comedic”.
- Jessica Henwick
- Julian Dennison
- Kyle Chandler as Dr. Mark Russell:
- Madison's father and an knowledgeable anthrozoologist.
- Demián Bichir
- Additionally, Zhang Ziyi reprises her position from Godzilla: King of the Monsters, with Van Marten, forged as her assistant. Lance Reddick has been forged in an undisclosed position.
In September 2015, Legendary left Kong: Skull Island from Universal to Warner Bros., which sparked media hypothesis that Godzilla and King Kong would seem in a movie collectively. In October 2015, Legendary confirmed that they'd unite Godzilla and King Kong in Godzilla vs. Kong, on the time focused for a May 29, 2020, launch. Legendary plans to create a given cinematic franchise “centered around Monarch” that “brings together Godzilla and Legendary's King Kong in an ecosystem of other mountain super-species, both classic and new.” Producer Alex Garcia confirmed that the movie wouldn't be a remake of King Kong vs. Godzilla, stating, “the idea is not to remake that movie.” In May 2017, Adam Wingard was printed because the director for Godzilla vs. Kong.