Love, Victor is an American teenager drama net television collection created by Isaac Aptaker along with Elizabeth Berger, affected by and also ingrained in the specific very same globe as the 2018 motion picture Love, Simon. The collection premiered on June 17, 2020, on Hulu.
Michael Cimino stars as Victor, a teen from Colombian-Puerto Rican member of the family staying in Atlanta, along with George Sear, Ana Ortiz, James Martinez, Isabella Ferreira, Mateo Fernandez, Rachel Naomi Hilson, Bebe Wood, Anthony Turpel, along with Mason Gooding. Nick Robinson, that starred as the titular duty in the preliminary motion picture, creates along with informs the collection. Filming started in August 2019 in Los Angeles.
The collection concentrates on a brand-new pupil at Creekwood High School, Victor. The collection follows his trip of self-discovery: dealing with difficulties in your home and also fighting with his sexual preference. He connects to Simon when it appears as well challenging for him to browse via senior high school.
- Michael Cimino as Victor Salazar: A new student in Creekwood High School, struggling with his sexual orientation and adjusting to a new city
- George Sear as Benjamin “Benji” Campbell: Victor's gay, confident and charming classmate who he takes a liking to
- Rachel Naomi Hilson as Mia Brooks: Victor's smart friend who has a quick wit and an easy laugh
- Anthony Turpel as Felix Westen: Victor's awkward new neighbour
- Bebe Wood as Lake Cunningham: Mia's social media-obsessed best friend
- Mason Gooding as Andrew: Creekwood's cocky and popular basketball-loving jock
- Isabella Ferreira as Pilar Salazar: Victor's younger sister
- Mateo Fernandez as Adrian Salazar: Victor's little brother
- James Martinez as Armando Salazar: Victor's father, a blue-collar man who works hard for his family
- Ana Ortiz as Isabel Salazar: Victor's mother who is under a lot of pressure after a move to a new city
- Nick Robinson as Simon Spier, reprising his role from Love, Simon. Robinson mostly appears via voice-over, narrating Simon's messages to Victor. Simon appears in person in the eighth episode of the season.
- Mekhi Phifer as Harold Brooks, Mia's father.
- Sophia Bush as Veronica: The new girlfriend of Mia's father, who runs a nonprofit organization for women
- Lukas Gage as Derek, Benji's ex-boyfriend
- Beth Littleford as Sarah, manager of the cafeteria where Victor and Benji works.
- Leslie Grossman as Georgina Cunningham, a local news host and Lake's mother.
- Ali Wong as Ms. Thomas, Creekwood's sex education teacher
- Steven Heisler as Roger, Armando's former boss with whom Isabel had an affair.
- Keiynan Lonsdale as Abraham “Bram” Greenfeld, Simon Spier's boyfriend. This character was introduced in Love, Simon.
- Katya Zamolodchikova as herself, performing at the gay club Messy Boots in NYC
- Tommy Dorfman as Justin, Bram and Simon's roommate
- Natasha Rothwell as Ms. Albright, Vice Principal at Creekwood, previously the institution's drama teacher. This character was introduced in Love, Simon.
- Terri Hoyos as Victor's grandmother
- Juan Carlos Cantu as Victor's grandfather
- Jason Collins as himself, playing basketball with a group of gay men.
- Abigail Killmeier as Wendy, Felix's date to the Spring Fling.
In April 2019, Disney+ gave the 20th Century Fox Television–produced show – based on the film Love, Simon – a straight-to-collection order, with the writers of the original movie, Isaac Aptaker and also Elizabeth Berger, attached as showrunners. The show will focus on brand new characters and also will be set in the same world as the movie.
“Love, Simon is a powerful story embraced by critics and audiences alike for its universal messages of authenticity, love, and acceptance. We are honoured to partner with the talented team at 20th Century Fox Television to bring this new chapter of a beloved story to Disney+, continuing the personal and uplifting narrative that captivated fans of the original film.”
— Agnes Chu (SVP content, Disney+)
In February 2020, the series was retitled Love, Victor and also moved to Hulu, with a scheduled premiere date in June 2020, making it the second series – after High Fidelity – to move from Disney+ to Hulu. In April 2020, it was announced that the series was scheduled to premiere on June 19, 2020.
On June 10, 2020, the premiere date was moved up to June 17, 2020, to avoid it conflicting with Juneteenth.
In June 2019, Ana Ortiz was cast as Isabel. In mid-August, the series' full cast was announced, with Michael Cimino as the lead, Victor. Also announced were James Martinez as Armando, Isabella Ferreira as Pilar, Mateo Fernandez as Adrian, Johnny Sequoyah as Mia, Bebe Wood as Lake, George Sear as Benji, Anthony Turpel as Felix, and Mason Gooding as Andrew. It was also announced that Nick Robinson, that starred in the film, would produce and also narrate the series. Later that month, it was reported that Rachel Naomi Hilson had been cast as Mia, replacing Sequoyah. The recast was made in order to take the character in brand-brand-new ingenious guidelines.